Update - Check out the New Visualizations of AAP Donations using Google Maps Visualization APII did a quick scraping of Aam Aadmi Party donations list to get some insights on how this political movement is going on. A quick and dirty visualization on 2 parameters - Number of Donors and Total Amount donated from each district would give a good idea of their support base. Thanks to S Anand of Gramener for providing the district level SVG map of India, I was able to plot the crunched numbers in form of Chorolpleth using D3 and do the analysis. Here is the generated graph -
- AAP has support in pockets. Mainly Delhi - Jaipur and surrounding areas, Mumbai - Goa - North Karnataka
- It has good support in first tier cities of Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad
- And 2nd tier cities of Pune, Nagpur, Indore, Jaipur
- A handful of people in other cities which is better compared to regional parties which are non-existent in other states
- This is a quick and dirty visualization presented based on public information. I take no guarantee on correctness or completeness of the analysis presented. Kindly use your own judgement in forming any conclusions.
- The color coding needs to be worked on and is not propotional. So kindly rely on dynamic data presented on hovering the districts
- The observations are based on donation information. So any conclusions needs to take account of it.
- All the code to scrape the website and raw data can be accessed at Github repository.